Apologies for my tardiness in maintaining the blog. Sometimes good intentions are simply not enough!
The last couple of months have been somewhat challenging as we have tried to ratify our access with National Parks through the Koreelah National Park due to the proposed change of use of our property.
The joy of bureaucracy which cites the policy denoting the need for the access agreement to comply with a park management plan which does not exist, and needs agreement from the local indigenous land rights group who haven't met for a couple of years is challenging to say the least. Anyway, I won't go on, but frustration is a word that comes easily to mind. However, there will be a way forward, but unfortunately things may take longer than we had hoped.
Nevertheless, we continue to enjoy this beautiful pocket of creation and have made some progress with our camp structure as you will see from the pics. Rendering the earth bag wall was fun. I was never allowed to play with mud pies as a child so I have made up for it now! It will be interesting to see how this construction stands the test of time. We have a second coat of rendering to do, then lay the pavers for the floor. Doone and his trusty Doone-mobile collected 30 sqm of pavers (weighing 2+1/4 tonnes!) but we still need a few more which I am sure he will source on e-bay.
Adam & Yasmin have placed the caravan on their site for the times they are out there and installed a composting toilet which separates the urine for use on the garden. Seems to work well so far!
It has been a bit nippy camping through winter but our next working bee will be at the beginning of Spring, Sept 1 & 2. In the meantime we will be installing sleepers across the bridge so it is a little less daunting to drive on :)
Smiles for now,
Picture below is Doone standing in the mown area where the fire-safety building will be.