Bindarrabi Co-operative Village LTD (BCV)
is a Trading Co-operative which will have twenty one shares/members/households. After much deliberation this structure was chosen so that any funds accrued to BCV by projects or enterprises on the land, can be shared amongst the Members.
• Each share is entitled to a housesite approved by council plus exclusive use of a two acre envelope around that site.
Early entry secures choice of area.
• Remaining land to be managed in common.
• Decisions concerning use and management of remaining seven hundred and sixty acres to be agreed to by members.
• Co-op Shares can only be sold at cost plus any CPI increase. This ensures affordable land into the future.
NB. 200 acres only are to be used for habitation and livelihood while the remaining 612 acres, designated 'Wild Lands' remain for conservation and recreation.
• Buildings to be erected are to have own water harvesting, solar power and waste management and demonstrate varying low cost, minimal footprint, sustainable building styles.
• Any buildings for habitation to be within building code standards and fire code standards.
• Any buildings built by members on their leased portion are deemed to be the property of that member. On sale of the Member's Share the house to be sold as a chattel.